Preliminary and Final Phases
All competition stages will take place inside the Allianz MiCo, Milan’s famous fairgrounds located in Citylife. Thirty-five platforms will be set up to host all preliminary and final stages of the competition;
The “Training Zone” will be set up on the second floor of the same location and will include: 37 training and warm-up platforms, home of the nations, a gymnasium for the athletes’ preparation and an area dedicated to physiotherapy.
Supporters and fans to the world of fencing, but not only, will find everything of interest in the venue. From competitions to the food district, from various activations to commercial and technical stands. The venue will also host an institutional hospitality.
However, it will be the Arch of Peace, Simplon Square, that will host the “glamorous” part of the world championship. There will rise our medal plaza together with Casa Italia. A collaboration with Coni that will give the event an additional space of interlocution with the outside world. Li all the athletes will be hosted in a second awards ceremony and then in various communicative and interactive activities with the fans.
In detail, there will be:
- Technical areas;
- Refreshment area for athletes;
- VIP hospitality area with unique dedicated services;
- Commercial booths for business partners, with fan engagement activities;
- Food district with opportunities to taste the best traditional Italian products;
- Game areas where you can try your hand at fencing through dedicated events;
- Dedicated areas for family initiatives, in collaboration with local associations;
- Evening activations through cultural shows, concerts, live music and/or DJ sets.